You have no items in your shopping cart.
2023 North Orbit
"When you see it done, it changes everything"- Marc Jacobs
Committing to overpowered airs and megaloops in gusty conditions demands an unwavering trust in your kite. Our iconic premier 5-strut kite delivers incredible top-end control and allows you to hold down more power than any other kite per square metre. Big jumps. Big hang time. Big wind range. The Orbit rockets you upwind fast, with effortless steering, extreme boosting and hangtime guaranteed to take your breath away. Without changing the DNA of the kite, we've engineered it to feel smoother, lighter, faster, and even more predictable in the unpredictable.
At North, we understand what riders want in a performance, big air kite. For 2023 the Orbit feels even more responsive in all conditions. We've made small structural refinements to smooth out the canopy, optimizing the profile for less drag, faster forward speed and smoother turning. Slightly refined bridling means the kite feels more stable and forgiving in overpowered, gusty conditions yet retains its ability to fly forward and catch you in kite loops. We've reduced the kite's overall weight with lighter bladders in larger sizes and introduced a new 2-ply canopy material reinforcement on the trailing edge. The lighter the kite, the faster the steering, the more lift it creates, and the higher you jump.
We've constructed the leading edge and struts in our lighter N-Dure Dacron to save significantly more weight without compromising strength or durability. We've also introduced two additional bar pressure options so you can choose from a lighter, more forgiving feeling in cruise mode, right through to ultra-direct steering with shorter depower travel in megaloop mode. This new fourth setting gives you the confidence to loop the kite even lower. It is ideal for heavier riders on smaller kites and boosts wingtip support on those crazy 40knot + days. Tested by nature, proven on the podium. The Orbit has your back when the rules of gravity don't apply.
- 2020/21 Red Bull King of the Air Winner
- Phenomenal loft and hangtime
- Predictable in the Unpredictable
- Anti-gravity boosts and megaloops
- Strategic 2-Ply Canopy Reinforcement
- New bar pressure options
- Lightweight bladders in more sizes
- Powerful and efficient refined arc design
- Stable 5-strut performance
- Highest quality no-pulley bridle lines
- Go Green Recycled PET kite bag
- Reduced diameter leading-edge with sweep
- Custom-tuned performance
- Aerodynamic profile transition panels
- Kevlar reinforced strut system with bridle deflectors
- New HyperFlow rapid inflation system cap and valve geometry
- Thinner diameter struts
- N-HTRS High Performance high tenacity ripstop canopy
- Lighter N-DURE Dacron
- DuraLite Seam Protectors
- Lighter weight bladders in larger sizes