You have no items in your shopping cart.
Armstrong DW Performance Series Front Wings
Our Downwind Performance foil range is bred for the raw energy of deepwater offshore swell. Amplify your downwind experience.
The first foils in our new Armstrong Performance Series, the Downwind Performance range was specifically developed to race in the SUP downwind division across Hawaii’s interisland channels. Already a proven Molokai2Oahu World Championship podium-finisher under the feet of team rider Oskar Johansson, the DW Performance range is tailored for expert level SUP downwind aficionados seeking next level freedom in open water.
Offered in 3 sizes from 685 – 930cm2.
Access ultimate speed
The product of cutting edge hydrodynamics and foil technology.
– Project development began with collecting waveform and real world riding data from Hawaii’s interisland channels to set specific design parameters.
– Leading fluid dynamics (CFD) resources helped optimise a foil shape that had extreme top end glide with accessible low end flight speeds for race starts in milder conditions.
– The result is remarkably stable at high velocities.
“These foils have a speed range like nothing else I have ridden. They have a low enough stall speed for getting on foil, but then have an incredibly high top end that allows you to ride the fast open ocean swells. The foils also have a very neutral front and back foot pressure that doesn’t change with different speeds, giving a comfortable feel at high speeds.” – Oskar Johansson, Armstrong team rider and 2023 Molokai2Oahu 2nd place finisher
– Maximum glide
– Aspect ratio (AR) 13.0-13.55
– Ultra-premium construction
– Made from Toray intermediate and high modulus carbon fibre
– Stable at speed
– A thin section and subtle anhedral to dihedral shape becomes more pitch and roll stable at higher speeds without feeling locked in.
– Evolutive section profile
– The foil section is slightly different at each station across the foil span for maximum efficiency.