You have no items in your shopping cart.
The 650 HPS hydrofoil carbon front wing is the smallest wing of the HPS family. Designed for high winds with a handwing, towing big and fast waves, kite foiling in all conditions, and lightweight riders looking for high performance on an easy to ride setup.
The High Performance Speed (HPS) family of wings are FAST and glide like no other. Designed for the ultimate in performance, but yet easy to ride by most levels of riders. Since the HPS wings use their own foil section with less camber and narrower chord, we developed the black fuselage that will accommodate all the HPS and future performance front wings.
The HPS wings are the ideal performance wings for WINGING (all sizes), DOWNWIND (larger sizes) and TOWING (smaller sizes). High level riders they also SUP, PRONE, WAKE, WINDSURF and KITE foil the bigger sizes, while the smaller sizes are perfect for TOW, freestyle WINGING and KITE foiling.
This is a new generation of front wings made for endless gliding and faster speeds performance riding, while they are still stable and predictable with enormous amount of glide and great turning.
The HPS wings are compatible with all the sizes of the Black fuselages.
The High Performance Speed (HPS) wings include the following models/sizes:
- 1050mm wingspan x 170mm chord, and 7.55 aspect ratio
- 980mm wingspan x 160mm chord, and 7.49 aspect ratio
- 930mm wingspan x 155mm chord, and 7.34 aspect ratio
- 880mm wingspan x 150mm chord, and 7.17 aspect ratio
- 830mm wingspan x 145mm chord, and 7.00 aspect ratio
- 700mm wingspan x 160mm chord, and 5.63 aspect ratio
- 650mm wingspan x 140mm chord, and 5.68 aspect ratio
AXIS HPS 650 Carbon Wing
- WINGSPAN: 650 mm / 25.5 inches
- MAX CHORD: 140mm
- MEAN AVERAGE CHORD: 123mm
- ASPECT RATIO: 5.68
- ACTUAL AREA 744 square cm
- CAMBER (as % of CHORD): 2.5
- VOLUME: 716 cubic cm / 43.75 cubic inches
- Winging for intermediate and advanced levels. High wind conditions. Speed wing. Also for lightweight riders looking for the performance setup.
The HPS 650 is designed for speed and high winds. It turns on a dime, is very stable when dropping on proper waves with the wing, and feels intuitive and easy while performing at the highest levels of speed.
- Kite foiling - early and super easy lift - This wing is fast and tons of fun to kite with
- Towing - Ideal for bigger and faster waves
Here is what the experts say:
HPS are fast and perfect for wingding and downwinding. But good riders are surfing, SUP, downwinding, wake even dock starting them. Even kiting the smaller HPS is a blast.
The AXIS HPS wings get their lift from speed - the take off is dramatic. Catches you by surprise the first time you take off. This high aspect ratio and the lower camber foil section, makes them performance oriented, but still comfortable for the intermediate levels.
It's not worth winging unless you use the HPS front wings.
Suggested Rear Wing:
- 460mm Carbon for high speed and loose turning (advanced)
- 420mm Carbon for the ultimate performance (speed and turning - intermediate +). One of our favorite rear wings for fast riding and carving.
- 400 HA Carbon is made for the smaller HPS wings. Amazing feeling super loose and fast. The 400 HA rear wing has low drag, and it's high aspect.
- 380mm Carbon gives the HPS 6500 even more speed, with low drag, and feel on rails when you turn. The HPS 650 and the 380 rear wing is a great combo.
- 370mm Carbon for loose feel and fast turning.
- 340mm Carbon for even looser feel and even less drag and more speed. (advanced)
When you purchase an AXIS carbon front wing we include an AXIS padded cover with zipper, in heather gray, and AXIS branding, for safer setup, transportation and storage.